Episode #3 Motivating Your Kids
Episode 3 comin’ atcha!
- If kids aren’t motivated, they’re not going to want to do anything.
- How to get your foster kids to make their beds with the Bed Fairy.
- Bed Fairy comes and leaves treats if beds are made properly.
- Comes consistently for the first week or so, but comes randomly after that.
- Teach them exactly what the expectation looks like.
- This is not bootcamp! Be positive and motivating.
- Build the habit.
- Focus on the positive outcome!
- Let your foster kids tell you what will motivate them.
- Might be video games, food, or free time.
- Our Spring Break
- We had a family meeting every day.
- We set goals for every day.
- Think of others
- We had a reward for every day.
- Everyone worked hard and enjoyed the rewards together.
- Call to Action!
- Find a reward that motivates them.
- Use that reward to motivate them to build new skills and habits.
Thanks so much for listening.
If you liked anything we had to say, share this with your friends and go to iTunes and leave us a 5 Star review. This will help us reach and help other Foster Parents like us. Until next time!
Ben & Deb Pugh
The Foster Parents