Episode #13 Meditation and Avoiding Burnout with Zeena Burse
- Zeena is awesome!
- She’s a wife & mother of four children.
- Has been a psychotherapist for teens and young adults.
- Has worked with foster children and Families.
- We don’t give value in our own rejuvenation.
- We need to be aware of the need to take small moments to rejuvenate throughout the day.
- “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod, suggests that you make time for personal growth in the morning.
- Show gratitude.
- If we have more time, what should we do to rejuvenate?
- Simple breathing.
- Open the door or window.
- Look outside or go outside.
- Get a new perspective.
- If we only have a minute, what should we do to rejuvenate?
- Breath into your diaphram.
- Breathing exercise.
- This was awesome. I felt refreshed after just seconds.
- This gives you more energy.
- Teach this to your foster kids.
- Helps relax them.
- Helps them sleep.
- Visit Zeena online for free videos on meditation.
- What are the signs of burnout?
- What are the benefits of meditation that we need to be aware of?
- Schedule time for yourself.
- Set a reminder in your phone.
- Give yourself permission to take time for you.
- Our foster kids deserve our best. We need to take time to rejuvenate.
- Take a break.
- Get respite.
- Use affirmations.
- Picture yourself having roots. (I did this and I immediately felt stronger. It was awesome!)
- Last advice for foster parents.
- Zeena commends foster parents. (Boo Yah!)
- Continue to love them, teach, and do your best.
- Take time for you!!!
- Nurture yourself.
- Do Breathing,
- Extra Time in the bathroom.
- Be Consistent!!
- Nurture yourself.
Call to Action
- Take time for you to avoid burnout!
- If you’d like to learn more about Zeena, please visit her at Zeenaburse.com or FreeMeditationJourney.com. She is such a valuable resource. Please take care of yourself as foster parents.
Thanks so much for listening.
If you liked anything we had to say, share this with your friends and go to iTunes and leave us a 5 Star review and Subscribe. This will help us reach and help other Foster Parents like us. Please leave us a comment and let us know how you handle stress or avoid burnout! We love to hear from you guys, so go ahead and leave us a comment.
Until next time!
Ben & Deb Pugh
The Foster Parents