Struggles are okay, everyone has them!
In this episode we are talking about some of our latest struggles and what we do to handle them when they come up.
- What we’ve been struggling with during the past week
- Moody teenager
- Getting nervous about graduation and what happens afterward
- No motivation to do anything after school (no college, trade school)
- Comfortable where she is (doesn’t want to leave here and have to find another job)
- Ben and the kids have been sick
- Much less sleep
- Lower tolerance for poor behavior
- Sometimes we struggle with caseworkers, school/schoolwork. Just be willing to work through what is frustrating you and think of ways to help get you through the hard times
- Moody teenager
Call to Action:
Know that you and your foster kids are going to struggle. Usually things that are worth it take time and effort. You can’t change something in a small amount of time, so don’t give up. Keep pushing through the hard times. Take a step back and look at how you are responding and how you would rather respond and practice that with yourself and your spouse so you can get used to handling things in the way you’d like. And remember what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!
Thanks so much for listening. Stay tuned next week to hear more…
If you liked anything we had to say, share this with your foster parent friends, and please go to iTunes and leave us a 5 Star review and Subscribe. This will help us reach and help other Foster Parents. Please leave us a comment and let us know something you’ve been struggling with.
Until next time!
Ben & Deb Pugh
The Foster Parents
P.S. If you still haven’t had a chance to grab our free ebook with worksheets for a rewards system, you can grab that here. Click Here